In 2019, Nómada International Festival opens up an international call with deadline on September 30, for foreign artists from street performance and non-conventional spaces in the categories of dance, physical theater, circus and performance. This is the 4th edition of the festival hosted in El Salvador.
Nómada gets applications from stage artists, companies, projects, groups and collectives from around the world for its fourth edition. It is important to highlight that it’s a street festival and the plays or art numbers must be specific and/or adaptables for urban landscapes and non-conventional spaces.
 Physical Theater: genre of theatrical performance that encompasses storytelling primarily through physical movement. Although several performance theatre disciplines are often described as "physical theatre," the genre's characteristic aspect is a reliance on the performers' physical motion rather than, or combined with, text to convey storytelling. Performers can communicate through various body gestures (including using the body to portray emotions).
 Performance: avant-garde shows combining vast elements from different art languages like music, dance, theater and plastic arts.
We accept plays, shows or art numbers which storyline talks about social, biologic, historic, political and/or cultural subjects and their way of telling them is through movement.
The selected applicants must fulfill the guidelines from the staff of the fourth edition of Nómada International Festival.
Dance - Physical Theater - Circus - Performance
- The artists may send more than one application, each one no more than three people per play or art number (including technical staff).
- The play or art number must be between 10 and 15 minutes long.
- The selection committee gathers international artists and the festival organizing staff. Assembling a group of professional artists, producers and art and cultural managers.
- Each application must send a video filmed in a wide shot, it can be from a rehearsals or the play or art number itself. The projects should have been released in no more than two years.
- Applicants must send the project’s dossier and/or any of the following documents:
- 5 photographs in high definition
- Plot summary
- Cast and crew
- Resumé of each participant
- Campaign and ad material such as photos, graphic material, etc.
- Engagement Letter (download)
- *Artists can send the proper documentation if they want to make a workshop during Nómada International Festival 2020.
- Fill out the application form. (link below)
- All documents and files must be send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Convocatoria Nómada 2020
- Each artist, group or collective is committed to play a role in a radio, TV or newspaper campaign according to their schedule.
- Each artist is responsible for the fulfillment of their play or art number in the urban landscapes and/or non-conventional spaces.
- Nómada International Festival doesn’t do personal invitations.
Nómada International Festival offers you:
- Lodging and food during the festival, to be done in the last two weeks of February.
- Transportation within the city.
- A technical staff to help you with your play or art number’s needs.
- A jump in platform to other festivals in the region.
- Access to all the workshops within the festival.
- Migratory and fund support in your hometown.
*Nómada offers artistic fees, however, we are a platform that exists with the support of third-party institutions joining year by year. The selected applicants will be notify via e-mail and the invitation process will begin in October 30, 2019.